At present, we practice at the Poway Dog Park on Wednesday evenings. Schedules are subject to change due to upcoming tournaments or members' schedules.
We always welcome prospective new members! If you are interested in observing a practice
and possibly joining our Flyball team, please contact
(Team Coordinator). If, after observing a practice, you decide that flyball
training interests you and you feel that the general requirements are
met, we may invite you to continue to come to practices.
In general, what we require is that
- Your dog be at least 6 months of age
- Your dog should be under your control at all times
- Your dog should have had basic obedience training (especially the "Come" command!)
- Your dog is friendly with other dogs and people
- Your dog is up-to-date on all vaccinations
- You are willing to train using positive methods (harsh corrections have no place in flyball training!)
- You are willing to work together with us as a team!
- Your dog is motivated by a ball and will retrieve a thrown ball to you.
Fast Fourward Flyball Team 2009